on 11/15/2014 11:35 AM Mick wrote the following:
On Friday 14 Nov 2014 18:53:13 Thanasis wrote:
I have an APC SC620I, which in case of power failure, it successfully
initiates a shutdown to the connected (via SMART cable) PC, but if the
mains power returns, the UPS does not recycle the power to the PC, and
consequently the PC stays off.

Regardless if the mains power returns soon after the UPS has initiated a
shutdown to the PC, shouldn't the UPS recycle the power anyway, so that
the PC comes back on as set in BIOS?

Am I missing something in the configuration or the daemons that should
be running?

(Running sys-power/apcupsd-3.14.8-r2)

/etc/apcupsd/apcupsd.conf folows:

UPSNAME SC620I
UPSCABLE smart
UPSTYPE apcsmart
DEVICE /dev/ttyS0
LOCKFILE /var/lock
SCRIPTDIR /etc/apcupsd
PWRFAILDIR /etc/apcupsd
NOLOGINDIR /etc
ONBATTERYDELAY 6
BATTERYLEVEL 20
MINUTES 2
TIMEOUT 0
ANNOY 300
ANNOYDELAY 60
NOLOGON disable
KILLDELAY 0
NETSERVER on
NISIP 192.168.0.1
NISPORT 3551
EVENTSFILE /var/log/apcupsd.events
EVENTSFILEMAX 10
UPSCLASS standalone
UPSMODE disable
STATTIME 600
STATFILE /var/log/apcupsd.status
LOGSTATS off
DATATIME 0
BATTDATE 10/17/11
SENSITIVITY H
WAKEUP 60
SLEEP 180
LOTRANSFER  208
HITRANSFER 253
RETURNCHARGE 45
BEEPSTATE L
LOWBATT 5
OUTPUTVOLTS 230
SELFTEST 336

I'm afraid I don't have an APC UPS to know its quirks, but in my case I have
these running:

upsd
upsdrv
upslog
upsmon

the above are not part of apcupsd, are they?

Is it that the UPS does not recycle the power,

The UPS does NOT recycle the power.

or is it that the PC does not
reboot after power is restored?  Does the PC reboot if you pull and reinsert
its mains plug?

The PC's BIOS is correctly configured and tested to start up as soon as power is restored to it.

WARNING:  don't just pull the plug in a fully working system to avoid fs
corruption - Press something r e i s u  in sequence while holding
Ctrl+Alt+SysRq and then pull the plug.  If the PC's BIOS is configured
correctly it should reboot as soon as you reconnect the mains supply to it.

I am aware of it.

Have a look here if you haven't seen this section already:

http://www.apcupsd.com/manual/manual.html#arranging-for-reboot-on-power-up

Looks like the UPS does not cut (kill) the power, but I am not sure how to debug it.