On Saturday 24 January 2015 06:56:16 meino.cra...@gmx.de wrote:

> I experimented with kinds of "not compiling it natively" like distcc,
> crosscompiling and such. May be me of may be a problem with the tools/
> the environment/the setup or whatever: The results were corrupted
> systems every time. This costed me even more time than waiting for
> "Calculationg dpeendencies...".
> So I am back to natively compiling that stuff...

Have you tried exporting your packages directory over NFS to a chroot on
another box? I do this for my little Atom box and it works a treat; I know
that at some others here do the same.

You just have to make sure that /etc/portage/... files are identical between
the two machines - apart from those few things you actually want to differ,
like MAKEOPTS and buildpkg.

Before discovering this method I tried distcc and cross-compiling and had
nothing but pain, but the nfs-packages method is straightforward and easily
understood.

--
Rgds
Peter.