On 02/07/15 11:45, Alan McKinnon wrote:
On 07/02/2015 08:46, Joseph wrote:
On 02/07/15 07:01, Alan McKinnon wrote:
On 06/02/2015 23:52, Joseph wrote:
I'm getting an error:

 (x11-base/xorg-server-1.15.2-r1:0/1.15.2::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for
merge) pulled in by
   (no parents that aren't satisfied by other packages in this slot)

 (x11-base/xorg-server-1.15.0:0/1.15.0::gentoo, installed) pulled in by
   x11-base/xorg-server:0/1.15.0= required by
(x11-drivers/xf86-video-intel-2.21.15:0/0::gentoo, installed)

^^^^^^^^^^
   (and 2 more with the same problem)

Why is it complaining about "x11-drivers/xf86-video-intel"; it is a
valid package.

Please post the full output from emerge

--
Alan McKinnon
alan.mckin...@gmail.com

SOLVED,

I got that blocker after upgrade and when I tray to run: emerge -uDNavq
world
the problem was that the package dev-db/mariadb needed flag: "extraengine"
so adding to package.use
dev-db/mariadb extraengine

solved the problem.

Portage is excessively verbose in it's output. With -v it dumps all
sorts of info to the console and it's incredibly hard to read.

It especially likes to print the full reasoning why it doesn't upgrade
some package to latest due to a dependency requirement, and it's this
that usually hides actual real problems in amongst all the noise.

The level of verbosity from portage over the past year really should
only be shown with -vvv

--
Alan McKinnon
alan.mckin...@gmail.com

Thank for the hint, never thought about it. I'll try next time "emerge
-uDNavvvq world
Yes, it was very hard to read and duped information into the screen that wasn't
relevant.
The package dev-db/mariadb was asking for flag: extraengine
But xorg-server showed up in front of it and I couldn't understand why.

--
Joseph