J. Roeleveld wrote:
> On 7 February 2015 17:25:22 CET, Dale <rdalek1...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> A little update on this drive for those interested. I get this now.
>> root@fireball / # smartctl --all /dev/sdd smartctl 6.3 2014-07-26
>> r3976 [x86_64-linux-3.16.3-gentoo] (local build) Copyright (C)
>> 2002-14, Bruce Allen, Christian Franke, www.smartmontools.org ===
>> START OF INFORMATION SECTION === Vendor: /4:0:0:0 Product:
>> Compliance: SPC-5 User Capacity: 600,332,565,813,390,450 bytes [600
>> PB] Logical block size: 774843950 bytes scsiModePageOffset: response
>> length too short, resp_len=47 offset=50 bd_len=46 scsiModePageOffset:
>> response length too short, resp_len=47 offset=50 bd_len=46
>> A mandatory SMART command failed: exiting. To continue, add one or more
>> '-T permissive' options.
>> root@fireball / #
>>
>> If I use cgdisk, I get this first thing.
>>
>> Warning! Non-GPT or damaged disk detected! This program will attempt to
>> convert to GPT form or repair damage to GPT data structures, but may
>> not
>> succeed. Use gdisk or another disk repair tool if you have a damaged
>> GPT
>> disk.
>>
>> And then it says the drive is this BIG:
>>
>> 8.0 ZiB
>>
>> What the heck is that?  Anyway, I guess after almost 4 months of
>> uptime,
>> time to shutdown and disconnect one pretty much dead drive.  It was fun
>> playing with tho.  Now it will be fun to use as target.  ;-)
>>
>> Dale
>>
>> :-)  :-)
> 8ZiB = 8000 PiB = 8000000 GiB.
> Eg. That's one really big disk!
>
> Put it with just that on Ebay and see who falls for it?
>
> --
> Joost

Well, I got it removed now.  It seems that I may have to build one of
those init thingys again tho.  I got a few errors while booting.  New
thread on that later.   :-@

I googled and yea, that is a large drive.  I wonder if one that size
really even exists tho?  It seems something is ready for a drive that
big since it thinks that one is.  I guess.

At least we know now, don't trust a drive when it starts spitting out
errors like that.  Now I can practice with my new pistol tho.  ;-)

Dale

:-)  :-)