I am running an ITE IT8212 IDE Raid controller card with a 60GB and a 40GB drive in a striping array. I have about 60GB of data on the thing and it only lets me copy off perhaps a gig at a time before I get a mysterious "I/O Error" that requires that I reboot to reset the raid card (it doesn't crash Linux but the raid is inaccessible until a reboot is completed). Anyone heard of such a thing? I am totally lost here. At the very least is there a way to reset the blasted card without rebooting the machine? It is also worthy of noting that my motherboard has two onboard ITE SATA raid controllers built in. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

-Mike

--
Michael E. Crute

Linux, because reboots are for installing hardware.
"In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates?"