On Monday 19 September 2005 01:17, Michael Crute wrote:
> I am running an ITE IT8212 IDE Raid controller card with a 60GB and a 40GB
> drive in a striping array. I have about 60GB of data on the thing and it
> only lets me copy off perhaps a gig at a time before I get a mysterious
> "I/O Error" that requires that I reboot to reset the raid card (it doesn't
> crash Linux but the raid is inaccessible until a reboot is completed).
> Anyone heard of such a thing? I am totally lost here. At the very least is
> there a way to reset the blasted card without rebooting the machine? It is
> also worthy of noting that my motherboard has two onboard ITE SATA raid
> controllers built in. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

get a new cable?
is everything cool enough?

why do you think, it is the controller?

and last point: if the controller is not explicitly marked as hot-swapable,
and the board able to do hotswap too, you have to proper shutdown to change
hardware.
Since I suspect, that it is a PCI controller, and PCI is not
hotplug/hotswapable, the answer should be no.