Hello,

On Mon, 16 Feb 2015, gottl...@nyu.edu wrote:
>I built and tried mplayer.  Again not rotated.  I ran it from the
>terminal.  Below is the output up to when I killed it
[..]
>VO: [xv] 1920x1080 => 1920x1080 Planar YV12

FWIW: if it's just for watching the vid, try

    mplayer -vf rotate=1 foo.mp4

That's rotating 90deg clockwise, see 'man mplayer', search for
'rotate', second hit:

[..]
    -vf
[..]
       rotate[=<0-7>]
              Rotates  the  image  by 90 degrees and optionally flips it.  For
              values between 4-7 rotation is only done if the  movie  geometry
              is portrait and not landscape.

                 0    Rotate by 90 degrees clockwise and flip (default).
                 1    Rotate by 90 degrees clockwise.
                 2    Rotate by 90 degrees counterclockwise.
                 3    Rotate by 90 degrees counterclockwise and flip.

When using '-ovc copy', mencoder does not (as usual) seem to apply
this filter.

HTH,
-dnh

--
Wash: "[..] this landings is gonna get pretty interesting" Mal: "Define
'interesting.'" Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"  Mal: "This is