Nicolas Sebrecht <nicolas.s-dev <at> laposte.net> writes:

> > > For the distribution, I'd recommend Alpine:
> > >   http://www.alpinelinux.org/about

> Sorry, I can't. I don't have them anymore while I'm sure they are still
> used in production.  It's something easy to do, though. The scripts
> themselves are distribution agnostic. E.g. my ipfilter service only
> used $IPTABLES. The only thing to update are the service files for
> openrc, systemd, upstart,  whatever.

I've gone this route before. Sooner or later, I need something else
and then adding/customizing it is often very arduous.... Still Alpine is
interesting. Building a minimize Gentoo or embedded Gentoo is not
difficult either. Musl will be in the final mix, regardless of which
direction I go. Thanks for providing additional information for me to
ponder  before choosing  a new router.

Thanks,
James