On 21/03/15 21:26, German wrote:
If I run poweroff from root, the system shuts down, however when I run poweroff
from user -- command not found. How to shut down the system from user? Thanks

If you have dbus running (KDE, Gnome and others automatically use it), then you can shut down with something like:

dbus-send --system --print-reply --dest="org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit" /org/freedesktop/ConsoleKit/Manager org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit.Manager.Stop

You can make the above a script and save it in /usr/local/bin/dbus-halt (or whatever.)

Some more scripts: