Grant Edwards wrote:
> On 2015-04-02, Dale <rdalek1...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Well, let's not forget about having the word "login:" burned into the
>> screen too.  Me, I always turned mine off when I left for the day.
>> Everyone else tho, they could see their login prompt all the time, just
>> in a slightly different color.  o_-
> Except there was the time that IT told everbody to _stop_ turning
> their terminals off at night because the daily power cycling was
> killing the power supplies in the terminals (VT220 and VT240, IIRC).
>
> By that point, I think the terminals may have had a screen saving
> feature...

Well, we was the service dept so that didn't matter much.  It did matter
when we had to replace the whole terminal because the CRT was burnt.
Some folks were bad to leave theirs logged in which ruined pretty much
the whole screen.  Some had to since logging out would also stop print
jobs.  Not long before I left, they finally had a print spooler so that
logging off didn't matter.  Long story.

Those were the days tho.  lol

Dale

:-)  :-)