On Thu, Apr 02, 2015 at 02:12:40PM -0300, Francisco Ares wrote
> Hi,
>
> How does one know previously which packages will require 32 bit ABI ?
>
> I have two systems (among others) to consider: one is very simple, built
> using as fewer packages as possible, it is the development system for an
> embedded equipment, and it is 64 bit ABI only - no multilib;  the other is
> a general purpose workstation, with lots of packages, and someday, by some
> forgotten reason, I needed to install emul-linux-* .

  Can you attach your /var/lib/portage/world file to a post here?  I
assume you have nothing embarressing in it.  Almost all applications
that used to require 32-bit emulation now run natively on 64-bit
no-multilib.  I recently upgraded a 7+ year old machine from 32-bit
Gentoo to 64-bit-only Gentoo (no-multilib) and I don't have any apps
with problems as 64-bit only.

--
Walter Dnes <waltd...@waltdnes.org>