On Fri, Apr 03, 2015 at 01:44:04AM +0100, Peter Humphrey wrote
> On Thursday 02 April 2015 21:30:14 Walter Dnes wrote:
>
> > I recently upgraded a 7+ year old machine from 32-bit Gentoo to 64-bit-
> > only Gentoo (no-multilib) and I don't have any apps with problems as 64-
> > bit only.
>
> Do you have Flash? If that runs on no-multilib I'd consider switching to
> that profile.

  Yes, flash works fine.  Mind you, it hogs CPU on my over-7-year-old
Core 2 duo, but the 32-bit version would also do that, too.

> Don't know about VirtualBox though, which I use for WinXP from
> time to time.

  Bad news for Virtualbox...

[d531][waltdnes][~] emerge -pv virtualbox

Calculating dependencies... done!

!!! All ebuilds that could satisfy "virtualbox" have been masked.
!!! One of the following masked packages is required to complete your request:
- app-emulation/virtualbox-9999::gentoo (masked by: package.mask, missing
keyword)
/usr/portage/profiles/features/64bit-native/package.mask:
# AMD64 Team <am...@gentoo.org>
# Mask packages that rely on amd64 multilib

Walter Dnes <waltd...@waltdnes.org>