On 04/23/2015 07:51:30 AM, james wrote:
> Nikos Chantziaras <realnc <at> gmail.com> writes:
>

> > > So is my best hope the "toolchain" repo ?
>
> > You can always compile and install locally in your $HOME directory.
> 5.1
> > was just released, so you can try that.
>
> I hear you. It'd take me a long time to figure out the settings,
> configs
> and such. Beside I know that folks that do this sort of thing put
> some time into learning the tricks.....
>
> I'll wait at least until there is an ebuild of some kind. Those folks
> (toolchain) that put out the 5.0.x builds should have one for 5.1
> soon.......... I do agree with the subliminal suggestion that I should
> find those gcc compile and install docs to read about the new options
> and feature and where I needed them turned off or on, regardless of
> how it is installed on my systems.

I've just renamed the  gcc-6.0.0_alpha20150412.ebuild (the 6 must be typo) from
toolchain overlay
to gcc-5.1.0.ebuild which I have attached.
It worked just fine here.

Helmut

# Copyright 1999-2012 Gentoo Foundation
# Distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License v2
# $Header: $

EAPI="5"
GCC_FILESDIR="${PORTDIR}/sys-devel/gcc/files"

inherit eutils toolchain

KEYWORDS=""
IUSE="debug"

RDEPEND=""
DEPEND="${RDEPEND}
        >=${CATEGORY}/binutils-2.20"

if [[ ${CATEGORY} != cross-* ]] ; then
        PDEPEND="${PDEPEND} elibc_glibc? ( >=sys-libs/glibc-2.12 )"
fi

src_prepare() {
        toolchain_src_prepare

        use debug && GCC_CHECKS_LIST="yes"