On Thursday 14 May 2015 04:45:38 meino.cra...@gmx.de wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem with some kind of a lokal net connection (ethernet
> over USB):

I think that the problem is not network related, but USB rules related.
Please see below.

> Current handling is as follows:
> I boot my Gentoo-Linux PC, which connects to my Fritz!Box, collect
> EMail etc...works fine so far.
> Then I connect an embedded system (Arietta G25
> www.acmesystems.it/arietta) to the usb port and wait until this
> little thing has booted.
> On my Linux PC I do the following then (as root):
>
> ifconfig usb0 192.168.10.1 up
> echo 1 >! /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
> iptables -A FORWARD -i eth1 -j ACCEPT
> modprobe ip_tables
> modprobe ip_conntrack
> iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o eth1 -j MASQUERADE
> ssh -t root@ariettaa abduco -A root
>
> (I real life I have two Ariettas which I connect to the
> PC the same time with two different IP-addresses and two
> different USB-ports)
>
> This connects me finally to the Arietta, which do ethernet over USB.
> I put the commands into a script, so not too much hassle here.
>
> But!
> On the Arietta I also installed Gentoo. An update, especially
> when it includes gcc can take up to three days (I tried
> crosscompilation and some other construction and I am currently
> most happiest (sounds a litte too much like 'german english'...;)
> with this).
> So I first fetch all needed files and then restart the update
> and detach from the terminal.
>
> Now the problem:
> When I shutdown the PC, which needs not to run all the time, and
> restart it later again I am no longer able to connect to the Arietta
> with the steps described above. All needed modules are loaded while
> booting the PC and ifplugd is installed on the Arietta.
>
> Unfortunately I have not found any differences of the USB interface,
> which would make it possible to handle the Ariettas via udev.

Have you used 'udevadm monitor' to check how your USB device is recognised?
Each time it will be a different host & target and this is your problem.

> How can I make a reconnect after rebooting my PC possible every time?

I think that the solution is to create a udev rule which will identify your
arietta interface when plugged in the PC and run the necessary script from
there on.

Have a look here for persistent device naming:

https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Udev

--
Regards,
Mick