Hi all,
        I've been using Firefox for ages and something struck me recently as a
bit odd. In the Windows version, if I click up into the address or
search boxes, the existing contents are highlighted and if I begin
typing, the existing text is deleted and what I'm typing becomes the
contents. On the Linux version, under KDE, it doesn't. I have to click
into the appropriate edit box, highlight the contents and start typing
or hit either home/end and then start deleting before typing my new URL.
If, for example, the existing text happens to be a google search string,
this can be quite a bit of text to delete.

        So my question, I suppose, is multipart:

1) Is this by design? Is this the normal behaviour?

2) Have I set a USE flag wrong somewhere that causes this behaviour?

3) How do people get around the problem I mentioned above regarding long
URL's, such as a Google search results?

        Any thoughts, greatly appreciated,

                Andrew