On 2015-06-03, Martin Vaeth <mar...@mvath.de> wrote:
> James <wirel...@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
>>
>> So instead of my spew of ascii information files, I'm now composing
>> 'man pages' mostly using txt2man.
>
> If you want to avoid learning *roff, there is also e.g. pod from perl
> which gives you simple basic markup functionality and can output in
> man page format (and other format).

asciidoc, markdown, and reStructuredText can all generate man page
format as well as HTML, PDF, and others.  The main benefit of these is
that they're also easy to read in their "raw" input format (unlike
roff).

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! I want to dress you
                                  at               up as TALLULAH BANKHEAD and