Am Mon, 13 Jul 2015 15:03:10 +0000 (UTC)
schrieb Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwa...@gmail.com>:

> On 2015-07-12, Marc Joliet <mar...@gmx.de> wrote:
>
> > With regards to the other replies: I think physical destruction is
> > unnecessary, and I don't really want to go through the trouble.
>
> If it's "trouble" rather than "fun", then you're doing it wrong. :)

OK, you have a point ;-) .

> There's thermite:
>

> http://hackaday.com/2008/09/16/how-to-thermite-based-hard-drive-anti-forensic-destruction/
>
> And mechanical shredding:
>
>   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZdZGKyu9hc
>
> Others favor a high-powered rifle or an 8lb sledge.

That does look fun!  However, I meant along the lines of destroying the disk
surface, because I want to give the HDDs away for recycling (a computer chain I
occasionally buy from collects old hardware for this purpose).  Good for the
environment and all that :-) .

--
Marc Joliet
don't" - Bjarne Stroustrup