On Tue, 14 Jul 2015 22:12:09 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:

> >> You override profiles in /etc/portage/profile. In this case add
> >> cat/pkg - hvm
> > to package.use.mask.
> >>
> >> man portage for more information
> >>

> > ha, I had tried (among other things) package.use.unmask following the
> > convention used by package.mask/unmask. Thanks.
> >

> The directory is:
>
> package.unmask
>
> Read man portage. The answer you seek is there.

That's for unmasking packages, he wants to unmask USE flags. My previous
post got a bit mucked up, set from my phone. to clarify, add a line
to /etc/portage/profile/use.mask like this

app-emulation/xen-tools -hvm

Note the -, you are negating the mask. the syntax if perfectly logical if
you think about it with the right kind of logic.

Of course, there may be a very good reason why this flag is masked on
no-multilib profiles, in which case you will not only see why but get to
keep the resulting shrapnel.

--
Neil Bothwick

"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I
can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."