On Tuesday, July 14, 2015 9:47:46 PM Neil Bothwick wrote:

> > > to package.use.mask.

> > > ha, I had tried (among other things) package.use.unmask following the
> > > convention used by package.mask/unmask. Thanks.
> > >

> > The directory is:
> >
> > package.unmask
> >
> > Read man portage. The answer you seek is there.
>
> That's for unmasking packages, he wants to unmask USE flags. My previous
> post got a bit mucked up, set from my phone. to clarify, add a line
> to /etc/portage/profile/use.mask like this
>
> app-emulation/xen-tools -hvm
>
> Note the -, you are negating the mask. the syntax if perfectly logical if
> you think about it with the right kind of logic.

It is perfectly logical, it just don't follow the same convention used for
masking/unmasking packages. I did look at the man page but I just did a quick
search for .unmask

> Of course, there may be a very good reason why this flag is masked on
> no-multilib profiles, in which case you will not only see why but get to
> keep the resulting shrapnel.

In this case, judging by the bug report on the ChangeLog, I think the issue
was fixed and they forgot to unmask the use flag.

--
Fernando Rodriguez