On Sun, Jul 19, 2015, at 02:13 PM, James wrote:
> The number of 'gadgets' with wireless ethernet is currently exploding
> on many markets. Inclusion of connecting, routing and securing wireless
> devices via  gentoo centric firewall is definitely an opportunity for the
> greater gentoo community. It think leveraging such a project on
> top of the new Project::Installer offering is something that happens.
>
> I'd be most curious to see a gentoo-embedded-firewall, that runs on a
> variety of gentoo-embedded arch's such as PPC, arm7v, arm8v specifically.
> That way low cost (low power consumption embedded boards) could be
> purchased, setup and deploy for our userbase and to attract new gentoo
> members.

I'm in the process of doing this with a beaglebone black[1] I had lying
around. I wanted to have a minimal wireless access point and firewall
for my home office. It's cheap, low maintenance (after install), and
completely configurable. Tying embedded systems into the
Project:Installer would be amazing! It would be awesome to see an
installer handle distcc.

-Josh

[1] http://beagleboard.org/BLACK