Hi,

on my tablet PC I used an Android App called "Linux deploy"
to install an chroot-environment for - guess - Gentoo. :)

The tablet has a SDcard slot and recognizes any FAT32 formatted
SDcard automatically. Anything else will silently be ignored.

Furthermore Linux deploy uses a single file when it is
pointed to an external SDcard (with FAT32) which is mounted
via a loop device, formatted ext4, and then populated with
the Gentoo Linux files.

So far so nice.

Unfortunately the file size is limited to 4GB, which is not
/that/ much in respect to what I want to install later (Linux
deploy goes as far as LXDE runs a terminal and only a few moe things).

I created a second file of 4GB and set it up as a "second partition".
This is now additional storage capacity of another 4GB.

BUT:
Linux deploy already installed a full rootfs and more on the first
file. And I need to increase the size of _the whole rootfs_ with this
extra file ... not only the storage capacity located behind a certain
mountpoint.

Is there any way to add the capacity of the second file in a way, that
the whole rootfs participates from/in/at/of (damn! sorry, I am not
good with/at/in/of/from propositions) this?

How can I deal with this?

Best regards,
Meino