Am Tue, 4 Aug 2015 00:37:54 +0100
schrieb Neil Bothwick <n...@digimed.co.uk>:

> On Mon, 3 Aug 2015 08:50:24 -0500, Canek Peláez Valdés wrote:
>
> > > Is this server-related?  I have only simple workstations/laptops and I
> > > don't enable systemd-networkd at all.  It seems that NetworkManager
> > > takes care of both wired and wireless without assistance (including
> > > dhcp).
> >
> > In latptops/workstations NetworkManager takes care of everything.
> > However, I still enable systemd-networkd and systemd-resolved in my
> > laptop and workstations. If enabled without any configuration, it just
> > monitors the network interfaces and keeps them "in the loop" for the
> > rest of the system to know about them from a central registry. It
> > doesn't interfere with NetworkManager (or any other network management
> > program for that matter).
>
> Alternatively, you can use systemd-networkd and do without
> NetworkManager altogether, avoiding a load of dependencies if you don't
> use GNOME.
>
> For typical wireless networks, wpa_gui is more than adequate for
> configuration.

I concur, I switched to systemd-netword over two months ago.  This replaced
netctl on my desktop, and both netctl and NetworkManager on my laptop.  My
experience with it so far has been just as good as with netifrc and netctl.
The only potential downside is that (at least AFAICT) there is no way to restart
an individual network.

HTH
--
Marc Joliet