On Mon, Aug 10, 2015 at 11:12 AM, Peter Humphrey <pe...@prh.myzen.co.uk> wrote:
> On Monday 10 August 2015 09:13:01 Dale wrote:
>
>> I might add, sync is taking a LONG time again.  Of course, my DSL is a
>> bit slower than some folks.  At least the bumpy road got smoothed out
>> tho.  It seems to be working again.   Maybe next sync will be back to
>> normal.
>
> I do one sync a day, of my LAN server, and sync anything else to that. I don't
> know how long it took today because I have it on a cron job at night.   :-)

Well, if you synced with all broken manifest files, and re-synced with
all fixed manifest files, you'd expect one file to be updated for
every package in the repository, so that would be a long sync (but not
quite as long as the original one).

This was never intended to be a user-visible change (hence no news,
etc).  The digest issue was an oversight which was fixed.  At this
point rsync should work as it always did, minus one really long sync.

The main thing you'll probably see is that the headers of the ebuilds
all contain git hashes instead of cvs revisions.

--
Rich