On Friday 21 August 2015 10:06:15 Francisco Ares wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In fact, I can only suppose there's something related to changing from
> nepomuk to baloo:
>
> Now, every time I log in, a window pops up asking for root password.  The
> window title is "PolicyKit - KDE" and pressing the button "Details", it
> shows:
>
> Action: Folder Watch Limit
> polkit.subject-pid:    5254
> polkit.caller-pid:     6699
>
> Looking for those PIDs:
>
> ~ $ ps -A | grep 5254
>  5254 ?        00:00:07 baloo_file
>
> and PID 6699 doesn't show up any more, probably the process has already
> ended.
>
> Did I miss something? How do I set up Baloo? Looking on the net, I only
> found how to set up a file ~/.kde4/share/config/nepomukserverrc (that was
> nonexistent, which seemed strange), is there something else regarding the
> database it might be willing to use?

I may have missed something here, but I'm puzzled. Without running an
exhaustive search, the only \*baloo\* or \*nepomuk\* files I see on this box
are these:

$ find . -name \*baloo\*
./.config/akonadi/agent_config_akonadi_baloo_indexer
./.config/akonadi/agent_config_akonadi_baloo_indexer_changes.dat
./.local/share/baloo
./.kde4/share/config/baloorc
./.kde4/share/config/baloofilerc

...and this:

$ cat /etc/dbus-1/system.d/org.kde.baloo.filewatch.conf
<!DOCTYPE busconfig PUBLIC
 "-//freedesktop//DTD D-BUS Bus Configuration 1.0//EN"
 "http://www.freedesktop.org/standards/dbus/1.0/busconfig.dtd";>
<busconfig>

  <!-- Only user root can own the foo helper -->
  <policy user="root">
    <allow own="org.kde.baloo.filewatch"/>
  </policy>

</busconfig>

No sign of a filewatch-inotify anywhere, and the only file in /etc/sysctl.d is
readme. This is an openrc box, not systemd; maybe that's the difference.

I've just removed -semantic-desktop from make.conf and only dolphin and
gwenview were reinstalled. I'm writing this in KMail.

So where have those files come from on your system? Have you run equery b on
them?

--
Rgds
Peter