Mick wrote:
> On Saturday 22 Aug 2015 12:07:00 Dale wrote:
>> Peter Humphrey wrote:
>>> (You're up early!  :) )

>>> But baloo-widgets doesn't use the semantic-desktop flag. Emerge -pv:
>>>
>>> [ebuild   R    ] kde-base/baloo-widgets-4.14.3:4/4.14::gentoo
>>> USE="(-aqua) -debug" 0 KiB
>>>
>>> Something else must be pulling it in on your box, Dale, no?
>>
>> Well, when I went back and put it back like it was, I got this:
>>

>> root@fireball / # emerge -uvaDN world
>>
>> These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
>>
>> Calculating dependencies... done!
>>
>> Total: 0 packages, Size of downloads: 0 KiB
>>
>> Nothing to merge; quitting.
>>
>> root@fireball / #
>>

>> So, it seems that USE flag is not optional for that package but that the
>> USE flag being enabled causes it to be pulled in.   I've had that crap
>> disabled here since waaaaay back.
>>
>> Oh, I haven't been to bed yet.  Give me a few minutes tho.  -_-
>>
>> Dale
>>
>> :-)  :-)
>
> There was an e-news item:
>
> 2015-08-11-nepomuk-removal
>
> Therefore, I think that the nepomuk USE flag is no longer valid, although
> semantic-desktop is still being used.  KDEPIM needs the
semantic-desktop USE
> flag, or it won't work fully.

Yea, I read that and made sure that any related USE flags were
disabled.  I didn't want it back then and I don't want it now either.  A
lot of days, I wish KDE3 was still around and up to date.  I switch back
most likely.  KDE3 worked just fine for me.

Everything I use here works so whatever KDEPIM needs, it must have.  I'm
not sure I use anything it provides anyway.  As I mentioned before, I
don't really need ALL of KDE.  I don't use Kmail, the KDE contact thingy
or any of that.  I just don't feel like figuring out what I could remove
and what would need to be changed in my world file to just get what I
really use.  Maybe one of these days.  Doubtful tho.

Dale

:-)  :-)