My gentoo OS is running on Openindiana (solaris) inside oracle's vbox.

It's been left setting for at least 4-5 months maybe a couple more.

After eix-sync, attempting an `emerge vuND world' comes up with so
many blocks, use flag changes and a variety of other bad news in
such proliferation... I'm thinking better to install from scratch with
latest ISO.

,----
| NOTE: The full mess can be viewed here:
|
| zeus.jtan.com/~reader/vutxt/images/emerge_MassiveFailure-150823.txt
`----

I've been quite a long time gentoo user but last 2+ yrs only very
lightly.

I'm awful dumb for someone who has problably more than 15 yrs running
gentoo.

I wondered if there are some very new ISO's that would contain all
major changes in last year or so once I got the core installed and key
useflags/make.conf setup?

Can anyone advise me which iso to use?  And which profile to set for
general use in a vbox, hopefully to allow a `no sweat' emerge to a
full OS.