I've just switched from cdparanoia to cdda2wav, to get track
names/artists.  As a regular user, I ran...

cdda2wav -vall dev=1,0,0 cddb=0 -paranoia -B

  I got a bunch of complaints about insufficient read and write
privileges, but it seems to work OK.  I ran the same command as root,
and no error messages.  So I figured I'd just stick the command into
/etc/sudoers.d and run with root privileges under tightly controlled
conditions.  I ran visudo, and appended what would be the 34th line to
/etc/sudoers.d/001  Here were the tentative 32nd/33rd/34th lines...

waltdnes  d531 = (root) NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/fusermount -u /home/waltdnes/tablet
waltdnes  d531 = (root) NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/simple-mtpfs -o allow_other
/home/waltdnes/tablet
waltdnes  d531 = (root) NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/cdda2wav -vall dev=1,0,0 cddb=0
-paranoia -B

  When I attempted to exit visudo, I go a not-so-helpfull message...

"/etc/sudoers.d/001.tmp" 34L, 2078C written
>>> /etc/sudoers.d/001: syntax error near line 34 <<<
What now?

  Like the message says, "What now?".  It's currently a moot point
because cdda2wav seems to work OK, notwithstanding the "insufficient
permissions" messages.  But if I'm doing something wrong with sudoers,
I'd like to find out what it is now, rather than later when I really
need it.

--
Walter Dnes <waltd...@waltdnes.org>