On Fri, 4 Sep 2015, lee wrote:

> Thank you.  The problem is that it doesn't let me add an exception. Only
> the older versions do that.  All options to add an exception are
> disabled.
>
> There is 'browser.ssl_override_behavior', the value of which is
> 2. Guessing by what that means from [2], that should allow me to add an
> exception.

Are you sure that diving right into about:config is the best way? In
SeaMonkey, take a look under Preferences -> Privacy & Security ->
Certificates. Under "Manage Certificates..." you can import your own
certificates which I think is the right way to proceed (although I
haven't tried that in a while). In the same dialog, you can also
manually add exceptions before you even go to the server.
Firefox and Thunderbird have similar dialogs.

   Peter.