On 17/09/2015 05:38, james wrote:
>>   150914 Mobo : Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P 970+SB950 DDR3 2000      :  119.99
>> >           2x PCI-Express x16 GLAN 6xSATA 6.0 Gb/s 4xUSB 3.0 14xUSB 2.0
> I have (3) of the Ggiabyte 990A-UD3P mobos:: I love mine
>
> Very extensive wiring needs, plus you have to match the video card
> power needs to the power supply. None of my older PS would fit the bill.
> Also, there has been a quiet revolution in power supply. The efficiency
> of the switching circuits will save you more money in the long run
> and those electronics will deliver the cleanest power to your other
> electronics. PS have ratings so look at the efficiency and oversizing a bit
> from calculated loads is never a bad idea.

+1

Don't be tempted to cut corners on the PSU. It's the one component in a
computer that can "wear out" so to speak, and aged PSUs are responsible
for more issues than anything else (except maybe dodgy RAM with a few
dud cells).

PSUs are not expensive and there's lots of other things one can save
cash on. I firmly believe cutting corners with PSUs is like saving money
by not replacing oil filters - you save some cash now, and cause
yourself enormous expense later

--
Alan McKinnon
alan.mckin...@gmail.com