On 9/30/2015 3:36 AM, Mick <michaelkintz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I couldn't agree more with all the warnings that have been posted.  However,
> it may simply be that they want to build a new website and they want to
> redirect your DNS from your currently hosted server to theirs.

You mean change the DNS servers at the Domain Registrar?

That would be even worse - they would need to completely reproduce
everything that is in there prior to transferring it, and then our DNS
is no longer ours.

> Are they offering SaaS, or will you be hosting the new website on
> prem?

That is one of my questions. Currently the site is hosted at Rackspace.

> In any case, they could just ask you to do this, if you agree. Given
> that "possession is nine-tenths of the law" I would not let them
> anywhere near your DNS records - period.

Hmmm... above it sounded like  you were ok with their desire to
'redirect our DNS from our currently hosted server to theirs'. Did I
misunderstand?

> With regards to being blacklisted by Google, you have to be careful indeed.
> Google will blacklist bad code and malicious code.

At this point I'm more worried about bad links/hundreds of thousand
pages suddenly giving 404 errors, etc...