Hello,

So working on my new (proposed) security architecture, I need to post
some diagrams to make the questions more precise. I'm thinking about a
combination of firewall+nat and a transparent bridge-filter to prevent even
sophisticated (DDos) attacks from being successful. I use the gmane
front end to gentoo-user, so I guess the best/simplest technology for
diagrams starts with the use of  ascii_art ?

It'd be very cool to at least use something like 'dia' or even more (color)
robust drawing tools? Folks like to keep all the pertinent info in the mail
posting, but using additional resources to put up fancy graphics, would be a
keen addition to gentoo_user, imho? Maybe  placing diagrams on a gentoo
manage resource or github?

Last, I'd like to end up with a Full Office type of example (DNS, mail and
web servers and LAN). To eventually migrate the information to  the  gentoo
wiki; so if the graphics and diagrams are gentoo wiki compatible, that would
be great.  I'd like to end up with the least steps for this. Or at least a
set of well defined filters/scripts to convert what I post to gentoo-user
into an acceptable form (jpeg?) that is easily displayed on the Gentoo wiki.

Maybe something already exists? Maybe I should then file a bug to get wider
"buy-in" from the doc team? Ideas, discussion and examples are appreciated.

James