On 11/02/2015 04:46 PM, Philip Webb wrote:
> 151101 Daniel Frey wrote:
>> I had so many problems with hplip I stopped using it.  I found another way
>> to use my hp CP1025nw with foomatic and that works trouble-free.
>
> Don't be coy ! -- What did you actually do which works (smile) ?

It's a driver for Laserjet printers, it won't work on deskjets AFAIK.
The driver is foo2zjs: http://foo2zjs.rkkda.com/  - it relies on
ghostscript.

I looked and it looks like that won't help you. I had so many problems
with hplip randomly stopping working and refusing to reinstall I gave up
on printing for six months before I found foo2zjs.

Dan