Mick <michaelkintz...@gmail.com> writes:

> On Thursday 19 Nov 2015 14:53:26 lee wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> does anyone know what happened to the 'Ingress Qdisc' kernel option
>> mentioned on [1], and what the replacement would be?
>>
>> I'm trying to follow [2] to set up some simple traffic shaping with the
>> intention to improve VOIP quality.
>>

>> [1]: https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Traffic_shaping
>> [2]: http://shorewall.net/simple_traffic_shaping.html
>
> I'm using 4.1.12-gentoo and it contains Ingress Qdisc.  Look for
> NET_SCH_INGRESS:
>
> grep -i SCH_INGRESS /usr/src/linux/.config
> # CONFIG_NET_SCH_INGRESS is not set

heimdali ~ # grep NET_SCH_INGRESS /usr/src/linux/.config
heimdali ~ # uname -a
Linux heimdali 4.0.5-gentoo #8 SMP Sun Sep 27 22:52:33 CEST 2015 x86_64
Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5675 @ 3.07GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux

So I don't have that at all.  Isn't that weird?  I used qdiscs years
ago, and it would seem very unlikely that the feature was removed for
this kernel version, or for some kernel versions, and then brought back
with 4.1.12.  I thought it might have been replaced with something else,
yet apparently it hasn't.