On Fri, Dec 04, 2015 at 10:02:59AM +0000, Peter Humphrey wrote

> A question for Wabe: are you talking about X fonts? I've been working
> on console fonts on a machine that has no X or other GUI. It's bad
> enough that terminus-font needs a few X libraries, without going
> the whole hog.

  Speaking of console fonts, is there a 24 pixel-wide font available, or
are there font-editors that can easily double or triple the width of a
font?  I have a 1920x1080 monitor, and 8-pixel-wide fonts are unreadable
with a 240-column-wide display.  I currently have...

consolefont="sun12x22"

...in /etc/conf.d/consolefont.  Remember to run...

rc-update add consolefont boot

...to make it take effect.  That's 160 columns across, and readable, but
still too much.  A 24-pixel-wide font would give me 80 columns across.

--
Walter Dnes <waltd...@waltdnes.org>