Mick <michaelkintzios <at> gmail.com> writes:

> > > In addition /var/log/rc.log is empty - no messages are captured,
> > > Finally, there are a lot of messages like this in the console at boot
> > > time:

> > > * start-stop-daemon: fopen 'var/run/dbus.pid' : No such file or
> > > directory Detaching to start '/usr/bin/dbus-daemon ...'
> > > * runscript is deprecated; please use openrc-run instead.
> > > How do I put this right?

Hmmmm. I would think most folks running openrc are also not using udev
but are using eudev [1]? From what I read/understand openrc is in the
process of removal from @system, for all profiles?

> > I think your error is related to my thread below.
> > Just get rid of line form fstab:
> > none /proc proc defaults 0 0
> > and any other not related ones.
> Thank you Thelma, but I do not have /proc or /tmpfs on my stab.  Just a
> few  disk partitions.

Another thread alluded to a news post. I cannot find that old news post?

I use a simple partition scheme with /boot  /  and /usr/local on separate
partitions. So the consensus is remove both of these from the fstab?::

shm         /dev/shm     tmpfs   nodev,nosuid,noexec  0 0

none        /proc        proc    defaults             0 0

Historically speaking, fstab, mtab init* and cgroups were all very well
defined and mostly logical to figure out and follow. Where do I read up on
the mtab functionality, particularly in light of these dynamic changes and
as inter-related issue between where openrc, mount, fstab and mtab will end
up, functionally, in the future gentoo scheme?

James

[1] https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Eudev