Neil Bothwick <n...@digimed.co.uk> [16-01-02 11:53]:
> On Sat, 2 Jan 2016 06:50:22 +0100, meino.cra...@gmx.de wrote:
>
> > I am not using a physical printer.
> >
> > Is it possible to get completly rid of cups and
> > other "physical printing"-related stuff somehow?
>
> You stipulate physical printing. Does that mean you want to retain th
> ability to print to PDF or PS? If so, you would still need at least
> Ghostscript and possibly CUPS too, although you should be able to get rid
> of the PPD packages.
>

> --
> Neil Bothwick
>
> Eye of newt, toe of frog, regular Coke and fries to go, please.

Hi Neil,

...my "I am no native english speaker" hit me again it seems... ;)

With "physical printing" I meant the step which "put it on
paper"...or in other words: Everything which involves the device
"printer" (...hrrmmm...NOT anything in /dev/....the thing on the
desktop, which has 9 needles in the past...;) 8) )

For creating PDF I use either TeX and friends. Or gimp or
similiar (Image-/Graphicsmagick).

Best regards,
mcc