On 18/01/2016 15:31, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
> Thanks Nikos, thanks Neil.
>
> With your help I've managed to get rid of all 32bits libraries.
>
> I still unsure what to do for the "second step".
>
> If possible, I'd like to install any packages with abs_x86_32 which are
> required for  dev-util/android-sdk-update-manager  and app-text/acroread
> with a different PREFIX, such as /usr/local .
> Is that possible?

What is your rationale for wanting to do that?

acroread and android-sdk-update-manager need 32 bit libs. Portage will
create them for you quite happily and they have to go somewhere. Why do
you want them in a different PREFIX? If it's strict separation you are
after, is /lib32 and /usr/lib32 not separate enough for you?

It seems odd to me to take libs that the package manager is very
efficient at creating, and ut them in /usr/local - the one area that
package managers by convention never touch. I can't grok what you are
trying to accomplish.

--
Alan McKinnon
alan.mckin...@gmail.com