On 2/26/2016 12:04 PM, James <wirel...@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
> Excellent point about the license.  Did the license stop zfs folks
> from enjoying zfs?  I know the zfs license stops some commercial folks
> from deploy/using zfs. And zfs is not a routine choice in the installation
> docs for gentoo.....

I recall a list conversation about this, explaining that it would be
trivial for someone who knows how to do ebuilds, to have their own
ZFS-in-kernel system available, and that it would also be possible to
accomplish this via an overlay...

Wish someone would do it, I'd love to play with ZFS, but I don't have
the skill or time to figure out the pieces...