Hello,

I had installed Gentoo in my laptop  successfully last weekend. My laptop
is Toshiba Satellite L840. I found that my VGA card is Radeon HD 7670M
using "lspci -k" command. Therefore, I refer to Gentoo's Radeon wiki page
to configure 4.1.15-r1 kernel with TURKS firmware and emerge linux-firmware
atom.

However, my new kernel can not load TURKS successfully. I notice that there
is an error message with DRM in dmesg's output. It shows
[drm:evergreen_init] *ERROR* Failed to load firmware.

Why Evergreen ? Is not Northern Islands ? I am sure that the filename I
gave is TURKS's firmware in menuconfig.

How could I make the dmesg's error message more verbose to debug ?

Are there some configurations should I check again ?

p.s. I built it in kernel not in modules.

Regards,
Phil