Hello Mick & James,

I found that I made a big mistake after I installed kernel 4.4.6. My laptop
still used kernel 4.1.5 to boot. It come as a surprise to me.

Therefore, I check the configuration of grub2 and fstab. Then I found that
I forgot to modify mount options in fstab.
The option of my boot partition was set as noauto. So that I don't use the
kernel compiled by myself at all.

After correcting these errors, I can use Radeon driver to execute X window
now. Althought wasting more time to find out the answer, I think that I
learn more with gentoo.

Thank you for your help !

Regards,
Phil