On 04/14/2016 12:33 AM, Yuri K. Shatroff wrote:

> Sddm worked as expected, not to mention its veeery slow interface (for
> that nvidia drivers can be blamed, but whatever). The black screen
> appeared after logging in.

I didn't have any problems with sddm, but that slow interface drove me
nuts. I was using nouveau, and I read against running that with nvidia
cards, so I installed the binary driver and I went from a very slow
interface (i.e. 5-10 seconds to respond to alt-tab, and on resume from
standby plasma would hang for 1-2 minutes) to crashing plasma every 3
minutes with the binary nvidia driver.

That coupled with an old version of Dolphin being installed creating
inconsistencies in the K menu made me revert and mask plasma for now.
It's far from ready for daily use.

It's not much use if it's that unstable. :-(

Dan