Am Sonntag, 17. April 2016, 03:30:15 schrieb Philip Webb:

:)

> So another question arises :
> has it always been necessary to add the user to the video group

no it hasn't in the past, but with 3d acceleration creeping in everywhere...

> If the latter, how are users supposed to know re such matters ?

good question... I was wondering for quite some time why sddm only showed a
black screen, until I realized that the sddm user needs to be in video group
too (it's in the Plasma update howto)...

tl;dr - happened to me too. and a solution or at least some big error /
warning would be nice... thinking about it.

--
Andreas K. Hüttel
Gentoo Linux developer (council, perl, libreoffice)