160417 »Q« wrote:
> It sounds like you'd be happier just running everything as root.

Oh no ! -- I'ld never run ordinary user apps as root.

> It wouldn't be any more dangerous
> than giving me access to a root terminal on your machine.  ;)

My user terminal (Desktop 2) always has a white background + cyan prompt ;
my root terminal (Desktop 7) always has a black background + red prompt ;
that's easy to set up with Konsole
& makes it clear the latter is down in the basement,
where all the pipes + wires are & you've got your safety boots on.

SUPPORT     ___________//___,   Philip Webb
ELECTRIC   /] [] [] [] [] []|   Cities Centre, University of Toronto
TRANSIT    `-O----------O---'   purslowatchassdotutorontodotca