On 2016-06-02(04:37:00+0000), James wrote:
> ng0 <ng0 <at> n0.is> writes:
>
> > > Is there a consistent semantic to at least list all of the portage tree
> > > packages there are listed on as maintainer?
> > > Is there a universal, slick way to list the overlay packages they are
> > > working on (github)?
>
> > What about checking out the portage repo and doing the native git search
> > in there via log?
>
> I was actually hoping for something much simpler and always as current as the
> last sync of protage and the corresponding overlays (layman syntax). Perhaps
> an option I missed in the 'q' applets (portage-utils) or gentoolkit ?
>

> If nothing exist, I'd consider writing some C (q applets) or python
> (gentoolkit) code to perform this searching task. It wont be comprehensive,
> but it should work on both the protage tree and the official overlays.
>

> Thoughts and ideas are welcome.
>

> James

I'm not sure if it works like this.
You have the metadata.xml files and Changelog files, as far as I know those
are the only name -> package relations you can get when not using git.

I might be wrong, so a tool like this could be useful if one needs it.

--
♥Ⓐ ng0
4096R/13212A27975AF07677A29F7002A296150C201823