On 2016-06-14, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The git version of MLT installed fine, but shotcut failed to compile:
>
>  cd src/ && ( test -e Makefile || /usr/lib64/qt5/bin/qmake
> /var/tmp/portage/media-video/shotcut-9999/work/shotcut-9999/src/src.pro
> 'PREFIX={D}/usr/' -o Makefile ) && make -f Makefile
>  Project ERROR: Unknown module(s) in QT: websockets
>  Makefile:95: recipe for target 'sub-src-make_first' failed
>
> I could probably figure out what's wrong and fix it, but...

The shotcut ebuild above is missing dependancies on qtwebsockets and
jack-audio-connection-kit.  Once I added those, it built cleanly.  It
doesn't _work_, but it builds.

When I run it it just dipslays a small balck rectangle in the middle
of the display and then locks up.

I must say I'm pretty unimpressed with the state of GUI video editors
on Linux (or at least on Gentoo).

There are probably three or four more I could try, but I think I'll
stick with the command-line rather than waste any more time on trying
to build and use half-finished apps.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! I'm using my X-RAY
                                  at               VISION to obtain a rare