On 15/06/2016 13:50, cov...@ccs.covici.com wrote:
Hi.  I am looking at grub2 as a possible boot loader -- I have been
using lilo for years, but one thing puzzles me -- there seems to be no
grub command, I don't see it in the list of files and typing grub does
nothing.  I have not run grub-install yet, but I would like to know what
is happening.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

There has never been a command called grub in any version as it's not lilo. There is simply no commonality between lilo and grub, so I suggest you forget everything you know about lilo when studying grub.

You ask a very basic question. That is best answered by finding articles on grub on gentoo wiki, reading them then coming back with more specific questions if any

Alan