Fernando Rodriguez <cyklon...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 06/15/2016 07:58 PM, cov...@ccs.covici.com wrote:
> > James <wirel...@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:

> >> vga=
> >> 773        =       1024x768x8
> >> 775        =       1280x1024x8
> >> 791        =       1024x768x16
> >> 794        =       1280x1024x16
> >>

> >> http://www.sprint.net.au/~terbut/usefulbox/lilovgatable.htm
> >>
> >> may help.
> > Thanks, I will check this out.
> >

> For the framebuffer drivers that may not work. For a trident card I use
> tridentfb.mode_option=1280x1024@60. The options for the different drivers
> can be found on the kernel documentation on Documentation/fb.
>
> What worked best for me with nouveau on recent kernels is to disable all
> framebuffer drivers and enable CONFIG_DRM_FBDEV_EMULATION. It will boot into
> the framebuffer without flicker.
>
> You can also use the VESA driver to boot and then load the nouveau
> module (which udev should do automatically for you). For me this switches
> to the fb console as soon as the module loads but it gives me a blank
> screen or a panic if any other fb drivers than VESA are builtin or loaded.

What I find is that even though I have uvesafb as a module, and nouveau
as a module nouveau gets loaded automatically and I get a frame buffer
which seems not too bad, not as good as the uvesafb one, but it will do
for the time being.  I have a 1920x1080 screen.

How do
you spend it?

         John Covici
         cov...@ccs.covici.com