On Tue, Sep 06, 2016 at 10:32:35PM +0100, Neil Bothwick wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Sep 2016 00:05:32 +0300, gevisz wrote:
>

> grub-mkconfig doesn't care about the fstab of the running distro since it
> scans your drives for all operating systems it can boot.

Sorry if I missed something in this tome, but I was under the impression that
a seperate utility, os-prober (or something similar), was needed to scan outside
of the current partition.  Some distros do not include this type of utility by
default, but it has been 3 years since I installed my Gentoo and I just don't
remember.  Is this off-topic?