On 07/12/2016 15:03, Alan Grimes wrote:
> I have a user consuming most of my CPU time so that's part of the reason
> why it's slow...
>
> My current misery factory is 439...
>
> I didn't even get it to update BASH until day 4... The thing seems to
> have a problem with the --deep flag these days, omitting deep seems to
> evade a number of the conflicts but that seems to be the ostrich
> approach... I'm trying my jackhammer script yet again, this time
> duplicating the lines for system and world but without --deep on the
> first round...
>
> Certainly there are groups of packages in the 439 that could be updated
> without triggering these conflicts but then doing that automatically
> wouldn't waste enough of the user's time...
>

> [ebuild     U  ] kde-apps/kde-meta-16.08.3:5::gentoo [16.08.1:5::gentoo]
> 0 KiB
> [blocks B      ] <dev-qt/qtwebkit-4.10.4:4[gstreamer]
> ("<dev-qt/qtwebkit-4.10.4:4[gstreamer]" is blocking
> media-libs/phonon-gstreamer-4.9.0)

quickpkg qtwebkit and phonon-gstreamer )so you can easily put them back
if needed), unmerge both then do a proper world update:

emerge -avuND world

and let portage figure out the best way to do it.

And don;t use that bloody jackhammer script again or even mention it,
not unless you want all of gentoo-user all over your case again

--
Alan McKinnon
alan.mckin...@gmail.com