On 01/30/2017 12:24 PM, Daniel Frey wrote:
> Subject says it all...
>
> I acquired (on the cheap) a used Surface Pro 3 with the keyboard cover
> off of a relative who wasn't using it (they said the screen was too small.)
>
> I am considering putting Gentoo (or attempting to) and am wondering if
> anyone has had success.
>
> It looks like newer kernels have some builtin support for the hardware.
> Due to its form factor I will be setting up distcc to help with the
> build process, and using -bin packages for monstrosities like firefox
> and libreoffice.
>
> Dan

Well, so far, so good. I managed to configure an EFI stub kernel and
booted it on the first try! I think I still need to compare some
information on the kernel between the Mint boot USB and what I have, but
other than that, it boots!

It was then I found out that LABEL= and PARTLABEL= in fstab are two
different things as I watched systemd fall flat on its face.

Dan